Photograph a wild South Africa
Tiger Canyon Guided Photography Safari – South Africa’s best kept secret, deep in the Karoo region of Free State. Free roaming Cheetah, Serval, Antelope, Birds and of course the Tigers.
Tiger Canyon Guided Photography Safari
Do you want to experience low level photography, chase the magical karoo light, images of endemic birds, amazing night skies and capture special images after dark, then this is for you
Photography at Tiger Canyon
Tiger Canyon Guided Photography Safari
Tiger Canyon is situated in the the Karoo region of South Africa near the oldest town in the province, Philippolis. It sits on 6100ha of prime Karoo landscape with various separate territories for the wild tigers and cheetahs to thrive in and survive. When joining our incredible Professional Photographer and Naturalist, ANDREW AVELEY you will be able to learn, create and be inspired by his passion and love of photography.
You will be spoilt with three delicious meals per day cooked by the amazing team in the kitchen. Also enjoy your favourite tipple or soft drink next to the roaring fire or in summer around the pool boma (All included). Explore Tiger Canyon in a specially-designed photography vehicle that is enclosed to protect you from the elements, like the sun, the rain – and of course, the tigers.
Tiger Canyon Guided Photographic Safari
Experience an adventure like no other available in South Africa. You will be able to grow your knowledge, portfolio and understanding of Wildlife photography on the amazing reserve. The allure of the Karoo grasslands filled with life and the amazing golden hours will inspire.
When joining our incredible Professional Photographer and Naturalist, ANDREW AVELEY you will be able to learn, create and be inspired by his passion and love of photography.
You will develop and enhance the following skills in the field during your Tiger Canyon Guided Photography Safari.
- Use of natural light and understanding the effects on wildlife photography images
- Low angle photography on foot (sighting dependant)
- Dusk photography WITHOUT FLASH
- Photography with a spotlight after dark – Ethical use ONLY
- Night sky landscapes – Weather and season dependant.
Optional services available from Andrew before afternoon drive daily.
- Image evaluation
- Lightroom image development assistance
What to bring with on your Tiger Canon Guided Photography Safari
- Binoculars and camera. NO SHARING due to COVID regulations
- Layered clothing – it can be very cool in the early morning and hot later in the day.
- In winter months , gloves and a very warm jacket as temperatures can drop as low as 0 dgr Celsius
- A buff, sunglasses, hat, beanie and sunscreen is highly recommended.
- Additional suggestions to be sent with booking confirmation
Your Photographic Safari Includes:
- Accommodation full board
- Private 4 X 4 Vehicle
- All drinks included
- Specilaist Tiger Canyon Guide
- Professional Photo Host
Your Photographic Safari Excludes the following
- Travel to and from Tiger Canyons
- Flights & Transfers can be arranged at an additional cost.
- All items of a personal nature
- Tips and Gratuities
Please enquire on the contact form below for us to provide you with a custom itinerary.
Discounts only apply to rates apply to RSA/SADC residents only
Bookings subject to change and availability – T&C apply
Tiger Canyon - Photography Safari Enquiry
Stay Tuned. Sign Up for our Newsletter
We will not blow up your inbox or share your details with anyone, promise !
Wild Expressions Photo Tours & Safaris acts as a 3rd party when distributing information relating to the Corona Virus (CoVID-19) and cannot be held responsible directly or indirectly for any loss / damages caused by the CoVID-19 virus. Any information provided is in no way meant to replace the guidance of your doctors and/or healthcare professionals and we as Wild Expressions Photo Tours & Safaris will unfortunately be unable to answer any medical related questions or provide medical advice on the subject of the CoVID-19 virus.